A big part of my weekly meal planning is deciding what snacks to have. I used to spend a ton of time on this, so I decided to make a guide to help me. I also noticed that sometimes I was eating combinations that didn’t fill me up enough, or made me too full. I started tracking what feels good in my body, and have found this list to help simplify (and speed up) my planning efforts.
Morning Snack Ideas:
- 1 serving of fruit (i.e. 1 apple, 1 banana, or 1/2 cup grapes) AND a 6-8 nuts (almonds, pistachios, trail mix, etc.)
- 1/2 cup of yogurt or cottage cheese topped with berries
Afternoon Snack Ideas:
- 1 serving of chopped vegetables with hummus (carrots, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, snap peas, etc.) and 4 whole-grain crackers
OR (one of the following):
- 1 chia seed donut
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 4 crackers and 2 pieces of cheese (or cheese string)
- Smoothie (*The below recipes each make enough for 1 large smoothie, or 2 smaller smoothies if you are sharing with someone.)
- Simple Green: 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup water, 1 frozen banana, 2 cups of spinach or de-stemmed kale, 1 cup frozen berries
- Raspberry Shortcake: 1 cup coconut water, 1 cup almond milk, 2 cups spinach, 1 heaping cup frozen raspberries, splash of vanilla, 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Classic Green Monster
- Glowing Mojo-ito: 2 cups spinach, 1 cup coconut water, 1/2 cup water, 1 apple, 1/2 avocado, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 10 fresh mint leaves, 6 ice cubes
What are your favorite snacks throughout the day? I’m always looking for new ideas, so please share below!