I have always loved to read. Give me the choice between a beautiful summer day complete with lemonade and popsicles, or reading in a musty basement on a smelly old couch, and I’ll probably choose the latter. My parents are convinced my need for glasses resulted from reading and “wearing my poor little eyes right out.” Regardless, I still love to read and I set a goal to read 25 books in 2015. Here is my list:
- Wild – Cheryl Strayed
- Everyone is Hanging Out Without Me – Mindy Kaling
- Yes Please – Amy Poehler
- Tiny Beautiful Things – Cheryl Strayed
- Sweet Valley Confidential – Francine Pascal
- The Invisible Thread – Schroff and Tresniowski
- Brain on Fire – Susannah Cahalan
- The Glass Castle – Jeannette Walls
- Ready Player One – Ernest Cline
- The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up – Marie Kondo
- The $100 Start Up – Chris Guillebeau
- Euphoria – Lily King
- Loving Learning – Tom Little
- Into the Wild – Jon Krakauer
- Carry On Warrior – Glennon Doyle Melton
- At Home With Madame Chic – Jennifer Scott
- The Gifts of Imperfection – Brene Brown
- Silver Star – Jeannette Walls
- Lessons from Madame Chic – Jennifer Scott
- Crazy Rich Asians – Kevin Kwan
- The Happiness Project – Gretchen Rubin
- Big Magic – Elizabeth Gilbert
- I Thought It was Just Me (But It Isn’t) – Brene Brown
- Little Bee – Chris Cleave
- Daring Greatly – Brene Brown
I bolded my TOP 5 BOOKS OF THE YEAR. That said, I really enjoyed all of the books on the list, in one way or another.
I’m looking for recommendations for what I should read in 2016. I’d love to hear from you!
5 thoughts on “25 Books in 2015”
I enjoy reading your posts – makes me smile. Great ideas. Keep them coming. 🙂
Thank you Bev! I really appreciate that. 🙂 Looking forward to seeing you over the holidays!
Thanks for the post, I hadn’t heard of any of these books before! I’m working through an expanded version of the BBC’s 100 Books to Read Before You Die list from a few years back. I ought to break that goal down by year since the remaining list is still 140 books long. Have you ever read Ulysses by James Joyce? I’ve been stuck on it for a year. I’m about to give up!
Hi Amy! Thanks for commenting 🙂 I’m going to check out that BBC list for sure – that could help inspire my 2016 book choices! And no, I’ve never tried tackling Ulysses, but I wish you the best with it!
Carry On Warrior is my favorite book. I love it. #WeCanDoHardThings