My weekends have been busy lately, so I’ve needed easy lunch ideas. My friend Ella told me about cauliflower flatbread, and I’ve made it two weeks in a row! It’s easy, delicious and healthy – I hope you’ll enjoy it!
- Morning Snack: Apple and small handful of nuts (pistachio/cashew combo)
- Lunch: Cauliflower flatbread topped with mashed avocado, arugula and honey chèvre
- Afternoon Snack: Carrot sticks and Persian cucumbers with hummus and 4-6 whole grain crackers
For the flatbread, I did not use a carrot, but it still turned out delicious. I was generous with the salt and pepper, and I added some red chili flakes as well. The dough was super moist, which concerned me – but it turned out great! I also packed 1/2 an avocado, a handful of arugula, and about 2 tablespoons of honey chèvre in my tupperware. I assembled the “sandwich” at work.
- Apples (1 per day)
- Avocados (2-3)
- Cauliflower (1 head or pre-riced if available)
- Persian cucumbers
- Almond meal
- Pistachios, cashews and/or almonds
- Whole-grain crackers
- Goat cheese or chèvre
*I’m assuming you have coconut oil, cinnamon, salt and pepper, and red chili flakes (optional).
If you try this recipe out, let me know what toppings you come up with!